Monday, August 05, 2002

Don't mess with Fresno

According to the HoustonChronicle:

The most alarming aspect of the fight for the Texans was the surprise attempt at peacemaking by Texans rookie quarterback David Carr, who was quickly directed out of the fray by McKinney.
"I was just trying to get my guys out of there," Carr said. "You don't want any fights out there. I think it just kind of shows how close we're becoming as a team."
Nevertheless, it was made clear to Carr that he was to leave future physical confrontations to his teammates.
"I told David that I was going to clothesline him the next time I see him getting into a fight," Texans running back Jonathan Wells said. "We don't need for him to be getting involved in that kind of stuff."


The top NFL draft pick starts the game tonight on Monday Night Football. Oh, did I mention that David Carr is from Fresno. Between Carr and Victor Davis Hanson, Fresno is turning into a vital wellspring of American culture. [Be afraid. Be very afraid.]

No comments:

 
Who links to me?