Mullings: An American Cyber-column By Rich Galen has noted this recent Clintonism:
Speaking of fightin' words, the Former President Forever, Bill Clinton, was quoted while speakin in - of all places - Canada saying that "if the Iraqi or the Iranian army came across the Jordan River, I would personally grab a rifle, get in a ditch, and fight and die."
Which sparked this hypothetical Clinton volunteer interview masterfully written by Mr. Galen:
SGT: You said that you wanted to die for Israel?
CLINTON: That's not exactly what I said. What I said was "if the Iraqi or the Iranian army came across the Jordan River, I would personally grab a rifle, get in a ditch, and fight and die."
SGT: Did you know that neither Iraq nor Iran border the Jordan River?
CLINTON: Imagine that.
SGT: Did you know that Iraq would have to march all the way across Syria or Jordan before they got to Israel?
CLINTON: Hmm. Really?
SGT: And that Iran would have to cross Iraq AND Syria or Jordan before they got to Israel?
CLINTON: That far. Who knew?
SGT: Mr. Clinton what about the notion of Iraq launching missiles against Israel?
CLINTON: That would be bad.
SGT: But would that qualify as "coming across the Jordan River?"
CLINTON: No. I would have to say not. That would not qualify.
SGT: So it would take an actual soldier crossing the River for you to "grab a rifle, get in a ditch, and fight and die?"
CLINTON: I believe I said "army" the Iraqi or Iranian ARMY.
SGT: So, not a company?
CLINTON: Oh, no.
SGT: Battalion?
CLINTON: I don't think so.
SGT: A brigade? A division? A corps?
CLINTON: You know, I always wanted to ask the difference between a brigade and a division, but I had to practice that saluting.
SGT: Next -
CLINTON: And, there would have to be a ditch. An actual ditch. I said I would "get in a ditch." If there were no ditch, I believe a fair-minded person would agree that Israel had not kept its part of the bargain.
SGT: This is a desert. We don't have that many ditches.
CLINTON: Well, then ...
SGT: These men standing behind you. Are they willing to fight also?
CLINTON: I can't speak for them. They're my security detail.
SGT: (To a Secret Service Agent) Would you be willing to watch this man "get in a ditch, and fight and die?"
AGENT: (Not smiling) We've watched him do worse.
Just another example of why it is so very important to pay attention to exactly what that man says.























No comments:
Post a Comment