Media values
Stuart Buck at The Buck Stops Here links to a USA Today article acknowledging that something like 200 people jumped out of the World Trade Center Towers on 9/11. During the last year, there have been hints here and there about this, but I have seen no numbers, and I missed the French filmmakers' documentary the one time it was aired. Last night Hannity & Colmes had Charley Daniels on to play a moving 9/11 song which PBS had refused to let him play on its July 4th show. Connect these dots with the Hillary Clinton piece several posts below - and factor in the incessant "I am an American" spots post 9/11 - and you have to wonder if the media weltanshauing doesn't include the view that Americans mustn't be provoked because we are inherently violent and irrational. What a strange view of a country that has proven both its ability for domestic tolerance - e.g., no synagogue burnings here - and forebearance in foreign affairs - e.g., no reparations required from Afghanistan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























No comments:
Post a Comment