Welcome ...ibidim...overflow
If you are arriving at this site via Spain, welcome to the "most respected blog in all of north-central Fresno county." I am happy to report that the "Traveller" vs. "Traveler" issue has been cleared up. "Traveller" is the European preference, and "Traveler" is the Yank version. [Honestly, "Traveller" looks correct.] Thanks to ibidem and The Raven for that clarification. I should explain that this is a serious subject among the RC bloggers who make up "St. Blog's Parish." At St. Blog's, grammar and spelling has been turned into a kind of bloodsport by the presence of nihil obstat, who is - and I say this with Christian charity - an anonymous anal-retentive, proof-reading troll, and I mean that in a nice way. Opinions on nihil obstat vary. As for me, I accept his or her presence as beneficial and a goad to proper English usage, and a very real proof of the Catholic doctrine that sins -even grammatical sins - never go unpunished. [I need a plenary indulgence against typos.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























No comments:
Post a Comment