Tuesday, October 14, 2003
The Corner relays a Washington Post report that Scalia has recused himself in the Pledge case. Ninomania (David Wagner) says he's unclear as to whether Scalia is recused or why. Prof. Wagner speculates about Scalia's possible membership in the Knights of Columbus. (I'm chalking that up as Prof Wagner being droll. I can't imagine taking the time to attend Council meetings and I say that as a kind of, sort of member of the Knights since I was 18 (mostly because I could drink at meetings.)) The Washington Post article quotes Eugene Volokh as speculating that the grounds for the recusal was Justice Scalia's public statements about the case. Maybe, but it seems that I've heard a good number of justices talk about various issues. [For that matter, Scalia had an article on the death penalty published in First Things. Does that mean that he's permanently off of death penalty cases?]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























No comments:
Post a Comment