Saturday, December 20, 2003

Wicked Men, Beware. You face The Tick.

Your humble blogger has been absent from his self appointed task of blogging on behalf of that harsh mistress we know as Justice because his alter ego has been tied up in that system of Truth and Justice known as a Trial in Madera Superior Court. My two hour trial estimate turned into four days as the self-represented defendants dragged the trial on and on to its inevitable conclusion. Thus is the sweet cream of justice ladled out by the hand of Truth. Thus is villainy's ying frustrated by the sweet yang of Justice.

Now, I have to go collect the fershlugginer judgment.

By the way, in case anyone has noticed the florid use of purple metaphors, I've acquired the DVD release to the short lived - 9 episodes - TV series The Tick, which chronicles the day to day life of a dim bulb superhero. As one review says, you either get it or you don't. I think it's funny and that Patrick Warburton was born to play The Tick. I can see, though, why it didn't make it on mainstream TV.

During trial , I ran into my buddy, the Madera District Attorney. Long story short, Scott Peterson and Michael Jackson are guilty, guilty guilty. I said it was a shame that venue in the Peterson case wasn't moved two counties south to Madera so that Greta von Sustern could freeze her tookus in front of the Madera court house, but that prospect wasn't as enticing to the DA as one might think. Although the idea of Greta and her New York production team schlepping around downtown Madera looking for a place to eat would be worth it. Madera makes Modesto look like Paris.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?