Monday, January 05, 2004

Too easy. Too true. Too sad.

Via Mark Shea comes this essay on "Why I am a Democrat?" It reads as a parody, but is it? I like this observation:

I am a Democrat because I hold sacred freedom of the press, as well as freedom of the TV and freedom of the movie. Where I draw the line is freedom of the talk radio, and don't even get me started about that damn Internet business.


As with the DU homage to American troops below and the recent Bush is Hitler ad from MoveOn, it hardly seems that anyone needs to parody the left anymore.

Now, obviously, there are some sane and sensible libs out there who must be embarrassed by this deranged output, and for them a word of advice. Dude, take back your party. You need someone to play the William F. Buckley, Jr. role in sending the lunatics - for Reps it was the Birchers and the anti-semites - off to Kamchatka. Of course, that role was to have been played by the Democratic Leadership Council, but that thread apparently played out.

But doesn't it seem that the main thrust of the liberal project is hypocrisy. These are the people who puffed up sexual harassment and used it to abuse Republicans, but lost interest in that project when Bill Clinton engaged the clearest example of a powerful male using his power to objectify and trivialize females. Likewise, the libs have used "sensitivity training" to beat up on anyone who diverges from their preferred position by an inch.

Yet, we have this kind of nonsense.

But, hey, they love the troops.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?