Instapundit has a festival of links to the CBS memo and related commentary.
Here's a link to the actual report. The law partner pointed out this passage:
The Panel views CBS News’ initiation of this investigation and its complete cooperation as the mark of a confident news organization determined to understand and fix the causes of such wide-ranging failures in this one story.
It's good to know that but for the entirely unforeseeable coincidence of a "perfect storm" of unusual circumstances in "this one story," CBS would never allow its "news" shows to be used to channel the ideology that its employees monothically possess. Nonetheless, a panel of experts possessing the same assumptions and worldview as the elite media will obviously prevent a recurrence of the "perfect storm" that led to the farce of "this one story."
I guess we can all go back to watching CBS now.
Update: TKS at NRO is doing a great job of pulling apart the CBS report. I personally am gratified by the fact that CBS's experts did tell CBS that they could not authenticate the memo because they had only been given a copy. Again, in the early feeding period, I went on record as saying that all of the document experts I've used have told me that they had to have the original in order to verify authenticity. My point is really not self-laudatory; my point is that there were so many things wrong in the original story that the explanation can't be a "one off" mistake in judgment.























No comments:
Post a Comment