Saturday, May 14, 2005

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

I went to see H2G2 tonight.

Long story short - the 1981 BBC version was much funnier.

Actually, the movie version wasn't funny, perhaps because the director actually wanted to make the Arthur Dent characer into someone with redeeming qualities, instead of the complete nebbish he was in the original (and I assume the book.) They also seemed to minize Ford Prefect's role so that they could expand the love story between Dent and Trillian, which was odd because I didn't know there was a love story in the original.

One redeeming feature was that the Zooey Deschanel, who played Trillian, is very attractive and had a nice charisma in the expanded and liberated role carved out for her character. She looks like an actress who can take over the Meg Ryan ingenue roles when Meg is finally put out to pasture.

Anyhow, here's a site dedicated to maintaining the "cult" status of the Beeb's version.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?