Tuesday, May 10, 2005

"Kingdom of Heaven" may be bombing at the Box Office.

Q and O has an interesting post on how Hollywood's revisionism may be driving off customers, who are not looking for storylines based on politically correct mush.

I should be part of the target market for Kingdom of Heaven, and I haven't seen it. I go to movies all the time and I have incredibly low threshholds for what I like - I enjoyed The Chronicles of Riddick, for Heaven's sake! I also liked National Treasure, notwithstanding its goof of making the only Catholic signer of the Declaration of Independence a part of a Masonic conspiracy.

But I'm not inclined to spend good money in order to be forced to sit through a two-hour anachronistic retrojection of political correctness.

If I wanted that kind of extended exposure to political fantasy, I could get it for free by spending the morning reading the Daily Kos or the Democratic Underground.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?