Perhaps, just perhaps....
... I need to get a life.
But I'm really looking forward to watching Discovery Channel's Alien Planet tonight.
And here is another link.
Man, could I push the nerd-o-meter any farther into the red?
Update: Well, yes, I seems that I actually did find a way to push the meter further into the red.
On reviewing the post I had the feeling that "farther" didn't look correct. So, I did a quick search on "farther/further" and the answer is...
Well, it's not clear. According to Bartleby's the two words are interchangeable, but "[a] relatively recent rule, however, states that farther should be reserved for physical distance and further for nonphysical, metaphorical advancement"
Like I'm ever going to remember that. But this site says that "some people get testy" about this distinction. And this site is absolutely dogmatic about the distinction.
But based on that distinction, the sentence should have read "push the nerd-o-meter further into the red." And, strangely, that sounds right.
Or correct.
Second Update: There is alien life out there - and it's blogging about Alien Planet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)























No comments:
Post a Comment