Thursday, February 09, 2006

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

--From Hamlet (I, v, 166-167

According to Peter Kreeft, there are three possibilities: First, the number of things in our philosophy is exactly equal to the things which exist, in which case we live in nominalist universe where the objects in our mind equal the objects of reality; second, that the number of things which exist may be less than our philosophies, in which case we live in a sadly materialistic universe; third, there just might be more things in Heaven and earth than exist in our philosophy, in which case we live in vast, rich, mysterious universe.

Over a Philosophy Forums, a fairly banal post about whether ghosts were "permitted" under a religious worldview led to a fascinating show and tell and follow-up discussion about photographic evidence of ghosts.

Here's a link to one of the pictures. Look carefully. I missed it the first time.

Pretty spooky, huh?

There is a very intelligent discussion that follows on how this phenomenon can be explained such that the things in heaven and earth equal the things in our philosophy.

I'm suspending judgment until I take a shot at recreating the picture.

There are other pictures that "Paulnbama" has posted that are worth checking out.

This reminds of a discussion at Mark Shea's site on the subject of "ghosts". If you have one that you care to share, post a comment.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?