Saturday, August 15, 2009

Liberals - Our intellectual masters, Part II

Remember how uncool and unsophisticated using the word "evil" was when it involved George Bush or Ronald Reagan. Well, guess what? Calling things "evil" is cool again, but only when it involves Americans who dissent from the Democrat agenda.

Also from James Taranto:

"Town hall protesters are 'evil-mongers,' says Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.)," reports Eric Zimmermann of the Hill:

Reid coined the term in a speech to an energy conference in Las Vegas this week and repeated it in an interview with Politics Daily.

Such "evil-mongers" are using "lies, innuendo and rumor," to drown out rational debate, Reid said.

"It was an original with me," Reid said of the term. "I maybe could have been less descriptive," he said, adding that "I doubt you'll hear it from me again."

Nevertheless, Reid worked in the word one more time during the interview.

"I feel I haven't done anything to embarrass [my children]," Reid joked. "Except maybe call somebody an evil-monger."


We're old enough to remember when the word "evil"--as in "evildoers" (terrorists) or "axis of evil" (rogue regimes)--would cause Democrats and liberals to break out in hives. Either Harry Reid is on corticosteroids or the word triggers allergies only when used accurately.


Harry Reid sounds so proud of his new coinage to describe dissenters - and was there a time when "dissent was patriotic"? It's been so long, it's hard to remember. For his contribution to the American language, Harry Reid is our "Intellectual Master" of the week.

No comments:

 
Who links to me?