
It ought to be too obvious for words: never, ever have something permanently attached to your body that (a) you might get bored of, (b) makes a statement about some transient stage of your life or (c) seemed like a good idea at the time, but that time was when you were three sheets to the wind.
"Tattoo regret" may fuel next big industry:
After a decade, adult-film star Alexis Amore is looking to remove the Playboy bunny tattoo below her belly button. She also wants to get rid of a crown and the letter "a" on her wrists.
"I got them when I was really young," said the petite 30-year-old. "I'm a little bit older and a little bit wiser now. And it's not very classy to have tattoos on your wrists and stomach."
An adult film star is worried about "classy"?
Keefe declined to release the firm's revenue total but did say Tattoff is a multimillion-dollar business. He estimated that tattoo removal could become a $10-billion-a-year industry. And this is catching the eye of investors and firms that would like to help Dr. Tattoff expand.
Tattoos are big business, and it costs more to remove a tattoo than to get one.
Most tattoos run about $100, depending on the size of the piece, the colors used and the skill of the tattooer. It usually costs about $750 to $1,500 to remove one, Keefe said, because it requires five to 10 treatments at about $150 a pop.























2 comments:
Dr. Seuss was a prophet: we have become Sneetches. If I had the capital (and the unscrupulousness) I could set myself up as Sylvester McMonkey McBean.
One can only imagine the nightmare of future nurses having to attend to a ward of 89 year old "Heathers" with unicorns tattooed on their butts.
Post a Comment