Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cool Graph.

Steve Sailer has this interesting chart that correlates political viewpoint and voter turnout with cable viewership.

5 comments:

marian said...

Wait a second...Where are the folks who don't have cable?

Peter Sean said...

They aren't permitted to have any political opinions.

marian said...

I should have known that!

Seriously, There was a news blurb out in the past few days saying that people are dropping their cable companies and watching tv for free. They are dropping their cable in droves, apparently...

Still I really like tha graph and the implications. Is it for real?

Peter Sean said...

What's interesting about the graph is how political interest correlates with subject interest.

I don't think anyone is surprised that Bravo is watched by more liberals and Fox by more conservatives. But the History channel has a more conservative viewership? Because conservatives are more aware of, or value more, or are more involved with history?

Also, Foodnet tracks slightly more liberal? Why would that be the case? Maybe it's simply within the margin of error, but, if it is statistically significant, why?

Maybe the answer is age-related? Younger folks don't watch TLC and Discovery? But they do watch VH1?

And they don't vote.

So much for the "Rock the Vote" strategy.

Lamt said...

If I am reading his graph correctly (and it is very cool) are liberals, overall, spending more time in front of their televisions?

I'd be curious to know just how many folks don't have cable, to include me.

(Of course, all I miss are the Discovery and History channels)

 
Who links to me?