Thursday, April 18, 2013

Ruh-Roh!  Environmentalists are now unhappy with Obama's Contraception Mandate.

Simcha Fisher points out that an organic food company is suing to block the contraception mandate because of the deleterious effect that contraception has on the environment:  Michael Potter, the owner of Eden Foods, has been catching flack for being a closet "right-winger."


He just doesn't want to pay for contraception, and doesn't understand why he (or anyone) should have to.   He says in a follow-up interview with Salon :
I don’t care if the federal government is telling me to buy my employees Jack Daniel’s or birth control. What gives them the right to tell me that I have to do that? That’s my issue, that’s what I object to, and that’s the beginning and end of the story ... I’m not trying to get birth control out of Rite Aid or Wal-Mart, but don’t tell me I gotta pay for it.
His official statement clarifies:
We believe in a woman's right to decide, and have access to, all aspects of their health care and reproductive management. This lawsuit does not block, or intend to block, anyone's access to health care or reproductive management. This lawsuit is about protecting religious freedom and stopping the government from forcing citizens to violate their conscience. We object to the HHS mandate and its government overreach.
And he points out, in the Salon interview:
I'm not in your bedroom.  Obama's in your bedroom.



No comments:

 
Who links to me?