Saturday, June 15, 2013

The British History Podcast.

FYI - This is an excellent history podcast.

I signed up as a member on his website. I figure kicking in $4 a month is like buying a magazine subscription and helps support something interesting.


I really like the observation that Jamie Jeffers - the BHP guy - makes about being a lawyer and research and doing a podcast:

1) Why did you want to create a podcast on British history and why did you think this would be a medium for you?
Well, that’s a hard question to answer since there was a confluence of events that all lead me to this. Ultimately, I think losing my job in 2010 was a major catalyst. I had spent the better part of a decade either training to become, or practicing as, an attorney. I was accustomed to working ridiculous hours and basically living and breathing the law… and suddenly that was over. I had a tremendous amount of free time to fill, and wasn’t sure what to do with myself.
Something that many people don’t realize is that attorneys don’t really argue for a living. They research, but suddenly I didn’t need to research legal issues for a client, and instead I could research anything I wanted. Being a British Ex-Pat who was raised in the States, I was taught relatively little about my ancestors. As a child I was told stories by my grandfather, who was an incredible storyteller, but for the most part the history I had been exposed to in school focused upon American History. And I missed those stories of Britain. So the choice for me was obvious, I could use the training and experience I had in research to look into those old stories and find new ones. I didn’t even think about running a podcast at first, to be honest. I just was in love with the material and began to pore over any sources I could get my hands on. Just out of sheer enthusiasm for the subject.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simply desіre to saу yοur article is
as astonishing. The clarity in your put up is simply excellent and that і cоulԁ ѕupρоse you arе κnowledgeаble in this
subject. Fine ωith your permissiоn lеt me to grasp your
feеԁ to kеep updаted with foгthcoming post.
Τhanks а mіlliοn and рlеase κeep up the rewardіng
wоrk.

Also visit my web page - tabletki na erekcje

Anonymous said...

It could be a depravation plays full of life part in
carrying your services to your customers, without flawing.
http://www.elite10websitehosting.co.uk Your reckoner is compatible exclusively we assume that you have PHP abilities on the Bid
logical argument.

Here is my weblog: free hosting

 
Who links to me?