Monday, July 01, 2013

More freedom for us...

...less for you, you underserving bigots.

Bob Schieffer learns why some people actually have a stake in "other people's marriages:"

Now to us in Massachusetts and who have been following the ride of the tolerance police, those sentences are nothing extraordinary but Bob Schieffer had no idea what Tony Perkins was talking about
BOB SCHIEFFER: How is it that bakers and florists are being forced to participate in this? I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying here.
Perkins then educates him
TONY PERKINS: Well, we’re seeing in Washington State, Colorado, and some of the other states that have these anti– anti-discrimination statutes that are being imposed that when a same sex couple comes and says “I want you to take pictures of my wedding or I want you to bake a cake.” And they say, look, my religious convictions will not allow me participate in that, they’re literally being sued by the government, not the individuals, and they’ve even been adjudicated in such places as New Mexico. So we’re going to see a loss of religious freedom. There is no question about it. It’s already happening.
Schieffer seems to be totally caught off guard by this, as evidenced by his hesitation in the following question.
BOB SCHIEFFER: How many– how many lawsuits have been filed on that? Because I must say this is under my radar. I haven’t– I haven’t heard this.

But, but, was all supposed to be rainbows and butterflies, and the next thing Bob Schieffer learns is that he is marching with the jackbooted fascists.

I'd cry if I wasn't laughing.

1 comment:

John Ksaian said...

Great moments in television, for sure!
Here's a link---

Who links to me?