Sunday, October 27, 2013

Welcome to Civilization 3.0...

....creating crimes against reason, nature and artistic judgment since 1918.

According to this, some idiot 19-year old kid named Clayton Pettet, who's 19, has decided that he wants to lose his gay virginity in front of a crowd of spectators as an ART project.  He's calling it, "Art School Stole My Virginity".

My first reaction to this was to think, "Wow, I bet his parents are proud" all sarcastic-like, and then I realized that our society has become so depraved that it's entirely likely his parents ARE proud of him. Because, you know, he's "challenging the idea of sexuality." And what progressive-thinking parent WOULDN'T want their kid having anal sex in front of dozens of strangers?

This spectacle is scheduled for January 25 in Hackney, London.  Clayton's already got a gay friend lined up to do the deed.  But fear not, concerned citizens.  They plan to have sex safely.  YAY!

Clayton has apparently been plotting this artistic event for three years, and said:

"The key thing about performance art is that it should only be performed once, and this is the ultimate once-in-a-lifetime performance. I've held on to my virginity for 19 years, and I'm not throwing it away lightly. Basically it's like I am losing the stigma around virginity. I want the audience to see if anything has changed between me and my partner. Since culturally we do hold quite a lot of value to the idea of virginity I have decided to use mine and the loss of it to create a piece that I think will stimulate interesting debate and questions regarding the subject."

It absolutely cracks me up that he's calling this entire escapade an artistic piece.  The kid is getting laid in front of strangers because he's a freak who needs attention.  It's not really more complicated than that.  But you know what?  If it's debate and discussion he's after, well then good on him - because there's definitely going to be a lot of that. (Most of it will likely be about the fact that he's a freak who needs attention, but whatevs.)

1 comment:

marian said...

Nothing he says about it or does with it will make this 'art'. It is sick. This is a good reminder of what can go wrong when someone attempts to re-define things that are already being taken too far and have already lost meaning. This is not creative. Just a narcissistic fetish..

Who links to me?