Saturday, April 04, 2015

How could someone else's marriage ever effect you...

...apart from giving the State an excuse to interfere with your freedom of conscience?

Gay marriage supporter begins to doubt prior commitment to gay marriage as he realizes it really was about leftists controlling everyone else.

When you give people the benefit of the doubt, the likelihood that you'll be hurt or taken advantage of greatly increases. Still, it's what I try to do because it's how I'd like to be treated.

For years, I have argued that the state should remove itself from the business of sanctifying marriages. Contract law would cover the legalities of a relationship, and benefits would not accrue to citizens based upon whom they choose to offer monogamy.

And for years, I have argued with conservatives on air - trying to convince them that the limited government philosophy can support this position.

As you might imagine, my position has led to some pretty heated debates over the years, and I was quick to smack down fears that churches would be forced to perform same sex marriages, or that people would be punished for not being made to agree. I deemed these wildly hypothetical fantasies.

But I was wrong.

Read more:
If he can learn, good for him, but as for me, I think it is enough now to know who is pushing the agenda to be cautious.

No comments:

Who links to me?