Tuesday, September 29, 2015

This is pretty amazing.

Pope Francis met with Clerk who went to jail for beliefs.

I think that Kim Davis was wrong.  I think that if you are a government employee, you either follow the law or resign.

On the other hand, she did have the courage to go to jail for her belief, which would normally have her feted by the Left.

//A Vatican news site and attorneys for Kim Davis are saying tonight that the Kentucky clerk met with Pope Francis while he was in the nation’s capital.

Inside the Vatican’s Robert Moynihan is reporting that Davis did, in fact, meet with His Holiness, citing confirmation from Vatican sources.

And going off that report, Kim Davis‘ attorneys put out a lengthy press release going into detail about this alleged meeting:

During the meeting Pope Francis said, “Thank you for your courage.” Pope Francis also told Kim Davis, “Stay strong. He held out his hands and asked Kim to pray for him. Kim held his hands and said, “I will. Please pray for me,” and the Pope said he would. The two embraced. The Pontiff presented Kim and Joe Davis each with a Rosary that he personally blessed…

Kim Davis said, “I was humbled to meet Pope Francis. Of all people, why me?” Davis continued, “I never thought I would meet the Pope. Who am I to have this rare opportunity? I am just a County Clerk who loves Jesus and desires with all my heart to serve him.” Kim said, “Pope Francis was kind, genuinely caring, and very personable. He even asked me to pray for him. Pope Francis thanked me for my courage and told me to ‘stay strong.'”

While in the U.S., the Pope weighed in on the issue of conscientious objection like what Davis did in taking a stand against issuing gay marriage licenses from her government position.
//


No comments:

 
Who links to me?