Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Obviously the answer is to change the standards.

The enemy won't mind.

Female marine officers not cutting it in combat endurance test.

With body armor, Kevlar, a rifle and a huge pack on my 5’3’’ frame, I must have looked like a child next to the buff guys assembling for Day 1 of the Marine Corps’ Infantry Officer Course… but there came a point when I could not persuade my body to perform. It wasn’t a matter of will but of pure physical strength. My mind wanted more, but my muscles quivered in failure after multiple attempts. I began to shiver as I got cold. I was told I could not continue.

1 comment:

Lauran said...

In grade school playing dodge-ball we learn that girls, by no fault of our own, simply lack the strength of boys. I'm really not clear why educated military female officers don't grasp that simple concept.

Who links to me?