Monday, November 23, 2015

An "atta boy" for Richard Dawkins...

...but remember it takes five "atta boys" to erase one "don't be a knucklehead" as my father always liked to point out.

This does seem to be against his policy of mercilessly mocking religion rather than engaging it.

//The decision prompted an angry response from the church, which warned of a chilling effect on free speech. Many expressed support for its position including Dawkins, the evolutionary biologist best known for excoriating religions.

He told the Guardian: “My immediate response was to tweet that it was a violation of freedom of speech. But I deleted it when respondents convinced me that it was a matter of commercial judgment on the part of the cinemas, not so much a free speech issue. I still strongly object to suppressing the ads on the grounds that they might ‘offend’ people. If anybody is ‘offended’ by something so trivial as a prayer, they deserve to be offended.”//

A surprising show of free-thinking from a "free-thinker."


No comments:

 
Who links to me?