Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Put on your surprised fact, but it turns out that when Hillary said that she had turned over all Benghazi emails pursuant to the Congressional subpoena....

....she was lying.

//The FBI successfully recovered nearly 15,000 emails previously deleted from Hillary Clinton's private server, and we now know that at least 30 of those emails discussed the 2012 terrorist attack in Benghazi, Libya.

These newly discovered Benghazi emails will add fuel to the fire surrounding Clinton's decision to use a private email server while she was Secretary of State and could raise further questions about whether she fully cooperated with an investigation into the attack that killed four American diplomats in Libya on September 11, 2012.

Even as this revelation adds a new dimension to Clinton's ongoing email scandal, it also brings the whole investigation back to where it started. It was the congressional inquiry into Clinton's handling of the Benghazi attack that initially uncovered Clinton's use of a private email server. After being ordered to turn over the content of that private server to the committee investigating Benghazi, Clinton's lawyers hastily deleted nearly 15,000 emails and claimed they were not connected to official government business. The FBI's subsequent criminal investigation of her use of a private server while being Secretary of State resulted in some of those deleted emails being recovered via a variety of different means and, well, now here we are back at Benghazi.

The Associated Press reports that the existence of the emails was confirmed by the State Department on Tuesday in a federal court hearing. The hearing was part of an ongoing lawsuit brought by Judicial Watch, a conservative group that has filed federal Freedom of Information Act lawsuits seeking the disclosure of Clinton's emails. In response, the State Department said the FBI has turned over about 14,900 emails "purported not to have been among those previously released," the AP reported.

Previously, Clinton has told reporters and a congressional committee that all work-related emails were turned over last year—and even though these new emails may well turn out to be of a personal nature, it's hard to believe that any discussion by a sitting Secretary of State about a terrorist attack on a U.S. consulate would be completely non-work-related. The text of the emails will not be released for at least another month, while the Department of State reviews and redacts them, according to the AP.

No comments:

Who links to me?